Hi First Graders and Families!
My name is Kimmy Zaroba and I am thrilled to be your teacher at Valley View. I can't wait to get to know you all better as we spend time together this year!
Here is a little bit about me:
• I grew up in Flower Mound, Texas.
• I have taught for eight years; I have taught First Grade and Kindergarten (but I think First Grade is the most fun;) )
• This is my fourth year at Valley View.
• I graduated from The University of Texas with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies-Early Childhood through Fourth Grade.
• I moved back to Austin from New York City where I earned my master's degree in Curriculum and Teaching from Columbia University.
• I enjoy reading, live music, and UT football!
First grade is such a special year. We will participate in activities that are meaningful, challenging, and engaging. My goal as a teacher is to instill a love of learning and to make school a fun, rewarding experience. The amount of growth that happens in first grade is tremendous. I feel so lucky to guide you through this learning process!
When you walk into our classroom, you walk into a community where we respect, support, help, and love one another. Please come to school with a positive attitude, open heart and mind, and ready to learn and achieve at the highest heights!
Families, please feel free to reach out to me at any time. Your child's education is a collaborative effort, please don't ever hesitate to contact me. We are going to have a wonderful year!